Occitanie, in the heart of South-West of France is very well known for its sunny climate, gastronomy, wine and beautiful landscapes.
Our department Haute- Garonne extends to the Spanish border. Every year, the world famous « Tour de France » route includes several days in the Pyrenees.
At the foot of the mountains, the Gascony hills are often compared with Toscany in Italy.
Toulouse, known as the pink city, due to the colour of the clay which was used to make the bricks, with its aviation industry is certainly worth visiting. And don’t forget to make a boat trip on the “Canal du Midi ».
Activities in the neighbourhood
- Walking and biking trails, horse riding in Escanecrabe, golf course in Lombez or Lannemezan, canoe/kajak on the river Save or the river Gesse.
- Fishing and “pédalos” in Boulogne sur Gesse, water sports, beach, paragliding in St.Blancard.
- Weekly regional markets in Samatan on monday morning and in Lannemezan on wednesday morning.
- For children: activity park “La demi- lune » in Lannemezan, circuit tyrolien of Tépacap in Rieumes or Pyrénées-Hô in Cierp- Gaud and the Gallic village in St Julien.
A little further
- The cities of Auch (55km), Toulouse with the “Cité de l’espace » and Lourdes (98km).
- The Pyrenees with the passes of the Tour, Col d’Aspin, Col du Tourmalet, Cirque de Gavarnie, Pic du Midi (2.877m). Skiing in Luchon, Peyragudes or le Mourtis, cross-country skiing in Nistos.
- The Aran Valley in Spain (75km).